You may be a dislocated worker if you have been permanently laid off or if you have received a notice of termination or layoff from employment. Dislocated workers may qualify for a variety of job search and training services from PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley. As a dislocated worker, we can help you get back to work through three types of services that are available to you at no cost: Basic Career Services, Individualized Career Services, and/or Training Services.
All job seekers have access to Basic Career Services that are available at all PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley Centers.
If Core Services do not produce results in job search, you may be eligible for more Intensive Services. These services include:
- Job search assistance with an industry specific recruiter
- Case management with a Career Advisor
- Professional resume development
- One-year follow-up for job retention
- Development of Individual Employment Plans
- Individual counseling and career planning
- Employability Skills Workshop Service
- Customer Service Curriculum
- Basic skills remediation
- Direct referrals to ESL, literacy and education partners
- Career decision making and exploration
- Supportive services during program participation
If you qualify for Training Services, you will have access to a broad range of training services. JobGateway® has an extensive list of training programs, descriptions, and costs to help guide you in the decision-making process. Training includes:
- Occupational skills training
- On-the-Job training
- Work experience
- Transitional jobs
If you think that you qualify for services as a Dislocated Worker, find out when our next WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) Information Session is scheduled and sign up to attend.