Alliance Adjustment Group

Career Pathway

435 N. Main Street
Doylestown, PA 18901

Business Description

Founded in 1999 by James Wagner, Alliance Adjustment Group, Inc. has been helping residents of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, and Maryland maximize their insurance claims ever since. James' prior experience in the construction industry and working for other adjustment firms provided him with the expert knowledge he needs to properly analyze and estimate your damages, expertly guide you through the complex claim process, and skillfully negotiate an outstanding settlement of your claim. James has built a team of professionals who share his values and commitment to customers.

If you have done your research, you know there are many public adjusters to choose from. Alliance is different for one very important reason. We handle the claim according to YOUR best interest, not ours, and we will preserve to ensure you recover every benefit that you are entitled to under your insurance policy. Alliance is bonded and insured by private companies to ensure that our reputation remains superb. You can trust Alliance to handle your claim thoroughly and professionally

Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed

Alliance Adjustment Group is looking for associates who are self-motivated, disciplined, and committed to serving customers. Some of the most important skills include:

- Project Management: effectively handling a claim requires many of the skills possessed by successful project managers. Identifying and prioritizing key activities, developing strategies and executing plans to achieve desired results, monitoring the claim process, and making adjustments when faced with changing conditions.

- Communication Skills: handling claims involves constant communication with insurance company representatives various experts and vendors routinely involved in the claim process and customers. The best public insurance adjuster possesses strong writing skills and they can explain insurance concepts in straightforward, easily understood terms.

- Analysis: public insurance adjusters handle many types of property damage losses that involve a wide range of residential and commercial insurance policies. They must analyze the cause and extent of damage, the applicability of various coverages offered by different policies, and the specific factors which make each claim unique.

Licensed Public Adjuster

Claims adjuster how advocates on behalf of residential and commercial property owners. Handle claims through the entire process from initial reporting to final resolution. Effectively serving clients requires broad experience and a strong professional network. Public Insurance Adjusters are certified with the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance and must pass a licensing examination. They are bonded, insured, and subject to bi-annual license renewal along with continuing education. Public Adjusters are supported by various regional and national trade associations.

Blue arrow showing progression from Independent Adjuster Independent Adjuster

High school diploma, GED, or equivalency. Work in a firm retained by various insurance companies. Assist insurance company staff adjusters and managers with the adjustment of property damage losses. Excellent opportunity to broaden knowledge by gaining exposure to a wide range of carriers. Certification can be achieved via training with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. Out-of-State Catastrophe Adjuster work is available to those willing to travel to places affected by hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, fires, and other major events.

Blue arrow showing progression from Insurance Company Staff Adjuster Insurance Company Staff Adjuster

High school diploma, GED, or equivalency. College Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred. Apply for work as an office or field adjuster on behalf of a specific insurance carrier. Handle a range of property damage losses under residential and commercial policies. Analyze insurance coverages, evaluate damages, and negotiate resolutions with insureds and their professional representatives. Associate in Claims (AIC), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), and other professional designation programs offered by the American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters.

Blue arrow showing progression from Building Consultant Building Consultant

High school diploma, GED, or equivalency. After years of experience with a restoration or general contractor, you can qualify to become a building consultant. Evaluate damages and render opinions to assist adjusters with the resolution of insurance claims. This may involve roofing inspections and "ladder assists." Certification can be achieved via the Haas School.

Blue arrow showing progression from Fire Water Smoke Damage Restoration Fire Water Smoke Damage Restoration

High school diploma, GED, or equivalency, 18 years of age. Field technician or laborer with a mitigation & restoration contractor. Receive training and certification for structural drying, microbial remediation, fire & smoke restoration through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration (IICRC) and the Restoration Industry Association (RIA).