Find Openings: RA-LBrecruiter@pa.gov
The mission of the PLCB is to responsibly sell wine and spirits as a retailer and wholesaler, regulate Pennsylvania's alcohol industry, promote alcohol education and social responsibility and maximize financial returns for the benefit of all Pennsylvanians. The PLCB regulates the manufacture, importation, sale, distribution and disposition of liquor, alcohol, and malt or brewed beverages in the commonwealth. We have more than 600 Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores, including more than 100 Premium Collection stores and 13 licensee service centers, we infuse more than $55 million into the Pennsylvania economy.
Intermittent Liquor Store Clerks (Permanent, part-time positions)
Pay starting at $13.31/hour
Minimum requirement: Must be at least 18 years old, meet Pennsylvania Residency and have a high school diploma or GED.
Legal Requirements: You must pass a background investigation. If you have been convicted of a felony within the last 10 years, you cannot work in this job. Any other criminal convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The PLCB is committed to providing information about responsible alcohol consumption through its Bureau of Alcohol Education.
The bureau has a three-fold mission:
1. Deliver “no-use” and “zero tolerance” messages to those under the age of 21
2. Encourage responsibility and moderation for any adult age 21 and over who chooses to
drink alcoholic beverages
3. Promote responsible alcohol service and practices among licensees and those who serve
beverage alcohol in Pennsylvania
We’re looking for employees who have the...
• Ability to operate a computerized cash register and make change.
• Ability to learn stock handling and inventory control methods and procedures.
• Ability to serve customers in a courteous, friendly manner.
• Ability to read and interpret written policies and procedures.
• Ability to make mathematical computations related to sales and inventory recordkeeping.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
If you are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board’s Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores wants to talk to you!
Full-time with benefits. Two years as Liquor Store General Manager 3B OR eight years of supervisory retails sales work.
Full-time with benefits. One year as Liquor Store General Manager 3A OR six years supervisory retail sales work.
Full-time with benefits. Four years of wholesale or retail experience in the sale of wine that includes experience in stock handling and inventory control, merchandising, and marketing. Selected candidates will receive Advanced Level Wine Education.
Full-time with benefits. One year as an Intermittent Liquor Store Clerk OR one year of retail sales work.
18 years old and graduation from high school or GED. Permanent, part- time, no benefits.