Find Openings: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/careers
With a strong presence by Lafarge and Holcim in the United States, the LafargeHolcim family of companies is the number one building materials and solutions provider in the world and the leading cement producer in the United States. We are uniquely positioned to address domestic demand,and offer an unparalleled range of innovative and sustainable cements, aggregates, asphalt and concrete products, and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the country.
Our values are built on a continuous focus on health and safety. The health and safety of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we live and work is paramount, and is embedded in everything we do.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
We’re looking for employees who are
• Safety Minded
• Team Player
• Problem Solver
• Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
• Minimum of 10 years experience
• Additional Education Preferred: Master's/Graduate Degree
• Field of Study Preferred: Engineering; Legal
• Required Work Experience: 10-15 years
• Additional Requirements:
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with people at all levels of the organization in order to achieve cooperation and acceptance of changes in methods and
• procedures by workforce.
• Well organized, has excellent presentation/interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and ability to work with staff.
• Ability to make decisions in a timely and well thought way.
• Land Due Diligence, Public Affairs, Land Use/Zoning
• Processes, Real Estate Purchase and Sale Contracts
• Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP, AutoCAD, Google Earth
• Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
• Preferred field of study: Engineering
• Required Work Experience: 5+ Years Preferred
• Computer and Software Skills: Strong computer software skills (spreadsheet and/or database) required, SAP experience a plus.
• Strong planning/organizing skills
• Team player: have the ability to develop and maintain cohesive working relationships with peers and management
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Able to thoroughly analyze situations or processes from different perspectives
• Able to independently determine discrepancies in trends or numerical data, investigate and resolve
• Knowledge of cement manufacturing process, materials receipt, and procurement preferred
• Knowledge of budgeting process
• On the job training and participation in the LafargeHolcim engineer development program
• Bachelor's/University Degree required, engineering
• In house training through LaFarge Holcim, which is a Global Program in which consists of taking classes online and in the field training at different locations throughout the world; 2-year program – required.
• Course work includes Pyroprocessing I and II, Mill Grinding I and II, Gas Handling and Fans, and Environmental Processing.