Find Openings: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/careers
With a strong presence by Lafarge and Holcim in the United States, the LafargeHolcim family of companies is the number one building materials and solutions provider in the world and the leading cement producer in the United States. We are uniquely positioned to address domestic demand, and offer an unparalleled range of innovative and sustainable cements, aggregates, asphalt and concrete products, and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the country.
Our values are built on a continuous focus on health and safety. The health and safety of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we live and work is paramount, and is embedded in everything we do.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
We’re looking for employees who are
• Safety Minded
• Team Player
• Problem Solver
• Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
• Preferred field of study: Engineering
• Required Work Experience: 5+ Years Preferred
• Computer and Software Skills: Strong computer software skills (spreadsheet and/or database) required, SAP experience a plus.
• Strong planning/organizing skills
• Team player: have the ability to develop and maintain cohesive working relationships with peers and management
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Able to thoroughly analyze situations or processes from different perspectives
• Able to independently determine discrepancies in trends or numerical data, investigate and resolve
• Knowledge of cement manufacturing process, materials receipt, and procurement preferred
• Knowledge of budgeting process
• On the job training and participation in the LafargeHolcim engineer development program
• Bachelor's/University Degree required, engineering
• In house training through LaFarge Holcim, which is a Global Program in which consists of taking classes online and in the field training at different locations throughout the world; 2-year program – required.
• Course work includes Pyroprocessing I and II, Mill Grinding I and II, Gas Handling and Fans, and Environmental Processing.
Required Education: High School diploma/GED,
Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Production
Required Work Experience: minimum of 5 years plant production experience.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Familiar with using a computer and basic software such as email program. Knowledge of SAP preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to successfully manage people/contractors
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of cement manufacturing process
• Knowledge of cement quality indicators
• Knowledgeable of Lafarge Best Practices
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, Email, SAP, MS Project
• Knowledge of industrial safety techniques and practices
• Experience working in a union environment
• Experience working in cement, mining, steel or similar industries is desirable