Find Openings: https://www.lafargeholcim.us/careers
With a strong presence by Lafarge and Holcim in the United States, the LafargeHolcim family of companies is the number one building materials and solutions provider in the world and the leading cement producer in the United States. We are uniquely positioned to address domestic demand,and offer an unparalleled range of innovative and sustainable cements, aggregates, asphalt and concrete products, and construction services that have been the foundation for infrastructure projects across the country.
Our values are built on a continuous focus on health and safety. The health and safety of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we live and work is paramount, and is embedded in everything we do.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
We’re looking for employees who are
• Safety Minded
• Team Player
• Problem Solver
• Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree; Field of Study Preferred: Science or Engineering
• Required Work Experience: Minimum of 7 years of cement plant experience including exposure to all functional areas within a cement plant.
• Computer skills with at least the following: Word, Excel, SAP
• Participation in LafargeHolcim Production Leadership development coursework
• Strong demonstrated commitment to safety and safety program experience.
• Demonstrated leadership capability and expert interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Solid decision making ability and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Good basic finance skills and business acumen
• Calm and stable when under stress and when dealing with situations.
• Solid understanding of industrial equipment and processes.
• Mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Required Work Experience: 3 years of supervisory experience in the industry, good understanding of milling systems and kiln operations.
• Must have computer skills and leadership capabilities
• Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee will frequently be required to walk on rocky, irregular surfaces that may be muddy and in reduced lighting conditions. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Required Education: High School diploma/GED,
• Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
• Field of Study Preferred: Production
• Required Work Experience: minimum of 5 years plant production experience.
• Required Computer and Software Skills: Familiar with using a computer and basic software such as email program. Knowledge of SAP preferred
• Ability to successfully manage people/contractors
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge of cement manufacturing process, quality indicators, & Lafarge Best Practices
• Computer literate in Word, Excel, Email, SAP, MS Project
• Knowledge of industrial safety techniques and practices
• Experience working in a union environment
• Experience working in cement, mining, steel or similar industries is desirable