Funding to Train Young Workers
Our Youth Skills Training opportunities are paid work experiences at companies to develop work-readiness skills and job specific skills to succeed. We do this through partnerships with local schools, community organizations, and employers.
Some facets of the program include:
- Literacy skills training preparation classes including English as a Second Language (ESL) for youth who need to improve their English, reading and speaking skills, brush-up on basic education skills or prepare to take the high school equivalency examination
- Paid work experience
- On-the-Job training at Lehigh Valley businesses
- Case management services providing a CareerLink® Employment and Training Specialist to guide youth through an individualized employment plan
- Career Exploration
- Job development and placement services
- Follow-up and retention services
Want to learn more about the youth skills training programs and find out what is needed to qualify? Contact us today!